Saturday, February 13, 2010

Truck Day cracks driver (satire)

Ever heard of Truck Day? It's when the faithful fans of Fenway gather early in the morning for the first sign of spring. That's when the Fenway truck heads down to Florida to open up spring training.
"It's a little weird,"said long time trucker Dale Quirk, "but hey...its Boston. I've done it in St. Louis before this but I'm sure the fans here are nice!"
Many fans gathered like Trishia, who was treated for frostbite at a local hospital but says it was worth it to get a look at the truck. "That was about the dumbest thing I ever done. "
However things changed when Dale headed down to Florida. He started noticing about fifteen cars following him with lights on waving Red Sox flags.
"Ya, that's when it got a little crazy. I ignored it as just fan obsession but it got worse! A lot worse!"
Every time Dale stopped for gas he was inundated with autograph requests and photos.
"I thought, OK, this is bordering on insane. I'm just a lousy truck driver and they're treating me like I'm Johnny Damon or something...which by the way I learned quick you don't mention Yankee players in Boston. Oh my back still hurts!"
However Dale was a good sport about it especially when fans started hosting parades and uploading photos of Dale in his hotelroom.
"I thought what the #$#$. These people are nuts!"
Dale himself seemed excited about the fans and waved to them every chance he got usually with his finger. Fans themselves were delighted and knew Dale had a sense of humor when they stole his spare tires and auctioned them off on ebay!
"These were my #@$#$ spare tires. I'll kill em!"
Dale's enthusiasm just grew more and more each day as more and more of his truck was auctioned off during the night.
"I'll blow their heads off. Where the #$$ are my headlights and...they took the windshield wipers and I can't drive without a door! It's freezing out here!"
Dale himself grew ever enthusiastic waking up one morning and discovering all his clothes disappeared and he was left with just his underwear and boots.
"This is nuts. How in hell can I make it to Florida!"
Dale perhaps felt it was getting too much when he noticed that his entire truck run was being put on YouTube in a 24/7 show with Red Sox music playing over it.
"I'm can't take it anymore. I'm a lousy truck driver. I don't even know any of the players. Gee, and then I mention Julio Lugo and they start throwing fire crackers at me.
Dale never did make it to Florida and instead is residing in a local sanitariam. He doesn't mind though as fans took up positions on staff just to take photos and make him feel welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.