Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don and Jerry Remy and SimCity

I wanted to do this for a while. As you may have guessed, SimCity was a game I tried and enjoyed at the end of a long day...not that I had time for it.


"Welcome everyone to Red Sox baseball. I'm Don Orsello and this is my co-host Jerry...what's that you're doing?"
"Sim City 4. It's great. Just to relax."
"We have a game on..."
"So...I'll comment. Heck I say the same thing all the time anyway. I could record it. Here...Jacoby gets an inside fastball and overpowers it. Good piece of hitting...or David Ortiz gets a hanging curveball and..."
"OK, I get the idea...just focus on the game OK."
"OK"
"OK, well, here we are at a beautiful day at...what are you doing?"
"Playing Sim City...Du!"
"Look, you can't make a zone that large. That will lower property value and reduce your resources for funding the environmental initiatives like parks."
"Oh, I see we're supposed to concentrate on the game hu!"
"Oh, ya...well the game...

(2nd INNING)

"That was a great move to have a subway system in the city."
"Ya, Jacobe got an inside-the-park-home-run...anyway, I agree. That reduces the air polution of the city and gives you more green space."

(3nd INNING)

"Dice-K working on a no-hitter...ah...hey I love it. You can do a ballpark too just like in the game."
"I know what you mean, and look at this, see how the air pollution goes down when you use one-way roads instead of streets..."
"I like streets."
"What's your problem Don?"
"I don't have a problem!"
"I think we do...oh ya, Dice-K struck him out or something...anyway..."

(4th INNING)
"You idiot, I told you not to say yes to that. Now you're in the hole...and so is...ah who cares about the game."
"Who are you calling an idiot. You're the one that thought a nuclear power plant wouldn't melt down and do you to even consider the budgets of the individual hospitals...NO, I'm Don and I'm a dope!"
"You are calling me a Dope. Well #$#$ you, you #$#$ Fall River LOSER!"
"You are dead meat...Don!"
"Oh crap you have a fire..."
"Where Don...show me...I'll fix it"
"Whew that was close"
"You're telling me"

(5th INNING)
"I am addicted to this game."
"HELLO"
"Who's that Don?"
"Tito, we're supposed to be interviewing him"
"Tell him to bug off. I just got 80,000 citizens in my city...I ROCK!"


(6th INNING)
"OK, we have Tim Wakefield on the line. Hey Tim!"
"Hey Don, hey Jerry. Glad to be here."
"Just a second Tim, Don and I are trying out the Monorail function."
"What?"
"It's SimCity Tim. Baseball is so yesterday!"
"Are you guys all right...I mean this is weird...even for you two!"
"Hey, look at this...the traffic meter is down to normal."
"Look Jerry, Monorails are only for the wealthy of the city...not that I play that game or maybe...can I come up to the booth."
"Come on up Tim!"

(7th INNING)
"No, you want industry in that zone. It's a waste of money."
"Jacobe, if I wanted you're advice I'd ask for it."
"No he's right, "said Theo Epstein."
"Hey, is anybody on the field. I feel like we've got 52 people in this room...oh we do...OK, what's your thoughts Jason?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.