Monday, May 10, 2010

Julio Lugo enjoying good life

Julio Lugo has always had one goal in life -- to get paid for doing absolutely nothing. That dreams seems to have found fruition with his new role at the Baltimore Orioles.

"It's strange you know. The Sox are paying me basically to do nothing. I admire their dedication to my dream. I'm working on an extension so they can pay me next year as well. Theo seems to be open to the possibility and even getting me back on the team to sit on the bench and do nothing."

Despite Lugo's dream, he hasn't let ambition leave him. The Julio Lugo show continues to broadcast from the Orioles clubhouse. Presently he has over 100 viewers and its growing steadily.

"I love the Radio Show. It really excites me and I often broadcast live during the game. Most of the team ignores me but sometimes they say encouraging words that I can't repeat on the air. Sometimes they blow up my car and all for fun, but Theo always buys me a new car so its no big deal. "

Lugo joins the many alumni from Boston who enjoy being paid for doing nothing. Eric Gagne was one of them. Consider what he has to say.

"I didn't know if I pitched this bad I'd still get paid and make a ton of money. I love Boston. Theo is the best. "

So where does Theo get his advise on team decisions. Boston management relies heavily on the New York Yankees for decisions and Theo is really happy about that accomplisment.

"Everyone talks about rivalries but really New York just gets so excited when I call them. I mean they start cheering for every decision I make that is based on their criteria. It was their idea on Lugo and Gagne and Dice-K and...well the list is just too long to mention. In the end though the Yankees are the reason why we are what we are. "

In the end, Lugo is enjoying the good life and hopes the Sox will continue to pay him for doing n0thing. As he said when on the Red Sox.

"The two favorite letters on the team are D.L. which we call doing nothin' for short. I mean that's how you play the game. You play it while collecting a paycheck. Go Theo!

Lugo may not be the brightest person but he knows a good deal when he sees it.

I'm Joe Derive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.