Friday, July 27, 2012

Get Ben!

John Henry dusted off the Liverpool team jersey that he was wearing and then cleaned the glass of the huge Liverpool team photo on the wall and then tossed some papers into the Red Sox garbage can.

"You wanted to see my chief."

"Ben, "sighed John. "Stop calling me chief.  My name is Mr. Henry."

"But...we normally talk to a person with a Mr. by their last name.  Henry is your first name."

"No, "snapped John who sat down on his Liverpool office chair. "Henry is my last name...John...is my first name."

"Oh Mr. John Henry...what's your last name?"

"Chief, "snapped John grabbing aspirin and drowning it down with water."

"Told ya chief.  Anyway I have some important information for you."

"Good, "said John wiping his brow and rubbing his temple. "  Ben sat down and leaned forward.

"You sure do get a lot of headaches around me sir."

"I know, "cursed John.

"We should use the Dome Of Silence sir.  It's Top Secret. "

John struck his head against the table feeling the hard surface of the LiverPool desk.  John looked up and said, "The Dome Of Silence...do we have to!"

"Yes, "said Ben who pushed the button watching the half dome fall down slowly from the ceiling until it covered their bodies in a transparent shield of plastic and wires."

"What's your information Ben?" sighed John.
"What?" shouted Ben.
"What? " Shouted John Henry.
"I need to talk to you sir! " screamed Ben.
"What?" shouted John.
"I need to talk to you Cheif." shouted Ben.
"Is their a problem with the Chef " screamed John.
"I can't understand you sir." shouted Ben.,

The dome rose up in the air.  John smashed the controls with his hammer.

"Of all the stupid ideas.  The Dome Of Silence.  It never works.  Oh why did I ever hire Theo Epstein...now what did you have to tell me."

Ben leaned forward and said, "Nothing to report sir."

It took several minutes for John to recompose himself. "You mean to tell me you had me inside that crazy contraption for...nothing?

"Yes sir because you can't be too careful in spending.  I've decided to do nothing, "smiled Ben who got up and crossed his arms together.

"Ben, you've always done nothing.  Now Sit...DOWN. "shouted John.

John waited until Ben placed his body back in the chair.

"Well, at least we got rid of Darnell McDonald and Lillibridge.  Good people but not cutting it."

"Who?"

"Darnell McDonald."

"Oh, "said Ben,  "You mean Darrell McDonalds, the son of the owner of the McDonalds chain.  I mean I couldn't believe that the family of the McDonalds food chain wants to play baseball.  Ya, I used to love to sing:

Two All Beef Patties,
Special Sauce
Lettuce, Cheese on a sesame seed Bun."

"Boy sir, "said Ben.  "Darrell had no idea what I was talking about."

"Neither do I, "snapped John. 

"Now about Little Bridge.  I always felt that he..."

"Who?"

"Little Bridget...you know...the utility guy we got when we dumped Youk."

John rolled his eyes.

"His name is Lillibridge.  Gee Ben this was the same problem you had with Kason Gabbard."

"You mean Jason Gabby.  Man that man would never shut up."

"IT'S KASON!!!"

Both looked around the room seeing nothing unordinary.

"This year has been awful, "said John.

"Why we had Jason Varicose-Veins day.  That was special and then we had Time Wet-Fillet day as well.  That was great.  You know we should have Harold SaltedNachoesAndCheese day as well.  He's our present catcher and he owns a Nacho company.  We could offer free Nachos.  That would be fun."

"Ben, "said John in monotone.  "I'm amazed that you got Chief correct.  I mean how do you possibly put on your underwear every day...oh wait...you forgot again didn't you?"

"Chief John Henry Something, "said Ben turning red faced. "That's kind of private.and besides I remembered.  I learned that putting it over your pants makes it easier as a reminder.  "

"THOSE ARN'T SHORTS????"

"No sir.  "

"OK Ben.  See what you can do about unloading John Lackey OK."

"John LKey you mean of course."

"I have no idea what I mean anymore.  Anyway, I'm flying back to LiverPool.  "

"I hate eating Liver Chief especially in a pool. "

"Good night Ben."

With that Ben left the room after he figured out how to turn a doorknob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.