Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beltre enjoying new role as DL climbs

Andrian Beltre seems to relish his new role filling up the DL as fast as he can.

"It was something when I broke Ellsbury for the season and then Hermida. The rate I'm going, nobody's gonna want to play LF when I'm through with them."

Beltre a former snow plow driver says its just like shoveling snow.

"When I come up and see the guy coming I see broken ribs, contusions, anything I can inflict. It's a lot of fun."

Nobody found it fun when Beltre took out yet another outfielder but Beltre has his own perspective.

"I was always told that 3rd base also includes the entire left field so I play it as such. Most of the time I miss but when I make a connection I get that ball!"

Beltre has sent nervous players in the outfield. Tito Francona considered getting Lugo back to play left field.

"He can get injured anytime. We're paying him anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.