Thursday, July 28, 2011

Robert Bumm is back

Hello Red Sox fans. Here's some news mainly because my boss says I'm fired unless I write a column that nobody reads. OK, here it is.

First, Julio Lugo is back in the news. After the nineteen inning game between the Pirates and the Braves, Lugo makes a comment about he was safe because he couldn't feel anyone tag him. Here's a note about not sounding like Lugo. Don't use the word 'feel' when describing the tag. It indicates you've been longing for something that baseball can't give you...nor would anyone else want to give you and if they do I'd advice against it. That's just me.

Second, the Sox are winning but need more starting pitching. Everyone is waiting for Theo Epstein to make another stupid move again sending the Red Sox into another decay. The Sox survived Eric Gagne (barely) and survived Dice-K (sort of) and survived Drew (we're still working on that one) and Penny and Smotz and so on. Frankly, I say leave it alone as Theo hasn't a clue about getting the right pitcher. However, here are some hints.

1) Pick a pitcher that throws strikes (that means no Dice-K types), doesn't have control problems (Miller) or injury problems (Jenks), doesn't panic under pressure (Lackey) and doesn't give up fifteen runs a game (Lackey, Penny, Miller). I realize this is a tall order for Theo who still thinks a gorilla suit is going undercover so we as fans can only hope for more agony.

Third, let's give praise to a team that is really coming together. Ever since Drew got out of the lineup my headache went away and I now see a lineup that's solid. OK, Scatterthrow, er, Scutaro has issues but he really hasn't been that bad...mostly.

OK that's it for now. Hopefully my boss will stop shouting at me about doing my job. I mean what's he got left, Joe Derive? Na!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.