Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cubs sent right-handed reliever Chris Carpenter and a player to be named later to the Red Sox for a player to be named.


(Thanks Arnie!)

With the resolution over the Theo What's-his-name situation finally over, the Boston Red Sox still have unfinished business as they are frantically trying to pick a player to be named.  Ben Cherington stated "we have to name an unnamed player but we think we'll just leave him as unnamed in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Gong Show."

Theo What-ya-ma-call-it felt sympathy for the situation. "Naming a player is hard.  I often refer to them as 'you there' or 'what's your name' or 'something or other' and I get by with that very well but having to give a player a name is a hard issue that I often resolve by thinking about stuff. '

Dustin Pedroia had this to say:  'what the **** is that all about.  I mean I have a name and why do the Red Sox have to name a player when we're all born with names.  This is about the dumbest thing since the Sox signed Julio Lugo...no, actually Drew...nah, I think Lugo.  Ya, Lugo...then again there was Eric Gagne...whew this is tough."

John Henry though had an explanation.  "Everybody in baseball is unnamed until they're named and then they have a name because before they were unnamed and then it gets really confusing and complicated because it involves naming the unnamed but right now I have to make the Liverpool match as that's my main interest right now but we'll name someone after I get back or something like that. "

Until then the Sox have to wait and name someone.  Fan reactions are mixed but most say that the Sox should name Unknown Player in celebration of the 40th anniversary of that 'what-ya-call-it show' with that host to be named later.

I'm Arnie, reporter for the Food Court :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.