Monday, February 27, 2012

Freshest Air

From National Public Radio, its 'Freshest Air' with Terry Gas. 

I'm Terry Gas and my guest today is Terry Francona, formally of the Boston Red Sox who now serves as a Sunday night commentator for FOX.  Terry, welcome to the show.

"Thank you Terry."

No, I'm Terry...

"We both have the same first name."

Right, I forgot that Terry...sorry.

"That's OK...but you can call me Tito if that's easier. "

OK Terry Tito, I guess my first question...

"No, Tito instead of Terry."

Ah...right, Tito Terry...anyway, my first question to you is that you left the Red Sox in utter disgrace having lead to the team to two world championships in 2004 and 2007 but failed to bring the team into the post season the last two years encouraging and perhaps demanding both beer heavy intoxicating drinking and fried chicken eating until the team became grossly overweight and unable to walk on the field without exposing their baggage of fat, wobbling while they walked while sipping on beers and scratching their fat driven bodies to the utter disgust of the fans who had to watch this pathetic excuse for a team...how did that make you feel that you failed so miserably and now can't even find a job and stuck in the announcer's chair making excuses that you need to step back when in reality you became a complete failure and disgrace to the game?

"Ah...am I supposed to answer that because most of what you said wasn't true and what was true was told in a patronizing and vial manner.  I mean the players did not wobble on the field and they didn't slosh beers down and frankly I'm really offended."

OK, so you won't answer that question. My next question is that now beer is banned from the Red Sox, you stated it was a publicity stunt.  Isn't it because you won't admit to yourself that you are washed up in the game and have become what is wrong with the world in general and are the true causes of poverty and global warming?

"Terry, are you on drugs?"

I'm glad you brought that up because admitting to yourself that you're on drugs even if its a form of a question can go along way in solving the problem.  So what drugs are you on?

"OK I think this interview is over.  I'm walking out!"

My guest has been Terry Tito Tito Terry Francona who admitted to heavy drug use and being a washout with little hope of a future. 

My next guest is Manny Ramirez who has yet to serve a 50 game suspension for illegal steroid use after first failing the first set of tests.  While facing a domestic violence case Manny still remains a much beloved member of the game despite these minor issues.  Manny, local American legend, welcome.

"Glad to be here Terry."

Manny, having been the greatest and most liked player in the game, a legend among all, how do you deal with the smear campaign against you accusing you of violently pushing down a Red Sox staffer, doing illegal steroids, spousal abuse, lying about knee injuries, refusing to play to get another team and then storming off that team joining another team only to be thrown off that team...the greatest player of the game...it must be hard.

"Forgive me...I'm crying so hard.  Finally someone understand's Manny Ramirez and what a legend he is.  All this is not true and I humbled myself accepting with the Oakland A's just to get into the game to help the poor and starving in the world.  I can barely get up in the morning without some smear.  I love life and give to the poor and hug trees and save lives with my cancer research fund and help people read from around the world. "

That is so amazing Manny...you are a legend in your time.

"And in my mind!"

My guest today is Manny 'Legend' Ramirez who Tito Terry Tito Francona once called you the worst human being alive...how did that make you feel?

"I only cry hard trying to ease the pain in my heart from weeping.   He smears a saint of a human being.  I do all I can for my team and they smear me.  Boo Hoo...I feel so bad."

You are a saint Mr. Ramirez and thank you for coming on Freshest Air and I'm Terry Gas.

"Thank you Terry...thank you!"

This is NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.