Tuesday, March 27, 2012

All Right We're SORRY!

Hi, I'm Joe Derive and frankly this is getting SAD.  There is a rash of retractions and apologizing and other nonsense.  This is baseball.We have thick skins.

It all started with Jonathan Papelbon.  He said Boston fans are passionate but Philly fans know the game due to the national league rules of the pitcher which, of course, makes it a more strategy game vs a hitting game. So what does Jonathan have to do.

...I'm sorry.  No insult intended.  Of course Boston fans are smart, blah, blah, blah.

Who cares!  This is Papelbon.  Everything that comes out of his mouth is slightly off key.  So what!  Then comes a reporter for the Boston Globe stating that there is a rift between Valentine and Ben Cherington.  and Bobby Valentine. Now Bobby Valentine has to say:

I'm sorry...no rift. Blah, blah, blah...

But is that enough?  No, of course not.  Then comes John Lackey.  When asked about the beer in the clubhouse, John used the term 'retarded'.  So of course...

...I'm sorry...no insult intended.  Blah, blah, blah.

ENOUGH already.  Let's get a life here!  The newspapers are just getting out of control.  It's baseball, its Boston.  It's rough.  That's how it works here.  We are not so touchy-sensitive are we...

"I'm sorry...it was a bad move I made..."

Bobby Jenks...I am NOT talking to you after you wrecked Joe Derive's car at the parking lot.

"I didn't wreck your car Joe...did I?"

Well, ya didn't, but if ya did...I'd be upset, but since ya didn't...STOP apologizing.

"Sorry..."

Don't say I'm sorry...and don't say I'm sorry to I'm sorry.

"Sorry."

I'm Joe Derive...sorry but I'm going to bed now.    I'll have my retraction tomorrow for saying I'm sorry when I meant to say I'm very sorry.  Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.