Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dice-K Progressing well.

Dice-K is feeling great and showing a lot of electricity in his pitches.  When asked if he wants to continue at the end of his contract in Boston he had this to say:

"Fortunately, I have Scott Boras and he can sell Kroger half off mushrooms and convince you they're Italian Truffles so that's a big thing for me.  Also, now that I'm a multimillionaire for doing nothing, I want to continue that legacy so ya, I want to stay past my six years but first I have to con them ...err convince them into thinking I can pitch well before I go on the DL next year for a while. I really enjoy Florida for working out and getting paid to do it."

When asked if Bobby Valentine has been a good change for him, he had this to say.

"It's wonderful that Bobby is there for me.  He knows when I was at my best and he offers pointers to me.  If I don't like him, I can always J.D. it  (a coined term referring to going on the DL.  J.D. Drew mastered the technique).  I mean, I'm in the driver's seat not that I'm smug about it of course.  "


When asked if Valentine will make him a different pitcher, Dice-K said.

"I sort of retreated since they were always reminding me that I had to earn my keep.  I pointed out, look at J.D. Drew or Julio Lugo for example.  The Sox are known to buy players so they can sit out on the D.L.  I thought that's how it works here. If you're actually talented you play hard and then you relax once you made your millions.  This confused me at first but then I saw the benefits. "

I'm Joe Derive...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.