Monday, April 16, 2012

Bobby V and Youk

Hi, I'm Joe Derive.  You know, Boston is a media hungry town and a little slipup will really cost you.  Consider these past few days.  Bobby Valentine said essentially that Kevin Youkilis's heart was not in the game.

"I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason," said Valentine

Bobby was then confronted about it when Youk showed up in his office and Bobby asked him about his groin.  Ya, how uncomfortable is that question.

"Kevin came in this morning and I thought it was about his groin,'' Valentine said. "I thought he was going to tell me how his groin was, and I said, `Hey, how’s the groin?’ and he said, 'Well, all right, but what’s going on?'

You know you have problems when he asked about your GROIN.  I mean...that's bad.  Then Dustin Pedroia said this:

"I don't know what Bobby's trying to do, but that's not the way we do things here," said Pedroia. "Maybe that stuff works in Japan."

But things got worse from there.  Bobby Valentine then said that he didn't like the fact that Kevin added mustard to his potatoes.

"I know he likes baked potatoes but mustard is not something I personally would add to my potatoes. "

Things flew to a head when Dustin said this.

"He thinks he knows anything about eating habits? How about the fact that he likes to fry his bananas and then add chocolate sauce.  Maybe they do that in Japan but here we peal our bananas and eat them raw and we like it that way."

Oh but it gets worse from there when Bobby apologized.

"I feel bad about this...I really do.  I didn't meant to comment that I didn't like Kevin's choice in food.  I hope he accepts my sincere apology.  Youk is an intense player with a bad haircut.  I recommended my barber to him.  I just want him to go out and win and get a better haircut."

Needless to say, Dustin had this to say.

"I don't know what Bobby's trying to do, but that's not the way we do things here," said Pedroia. "Maybe that stuff works in Japan but not here."

Kevin had this to say.

"Ah...whatever...can we move on folks...I mean...really this is getting old."

 Things sailed to a head when Bobby said this.

"I like Kevin.  I like his groin.  I do."

Dustin had this to say.

"Whatever Bobby is feeling for Kevin is just not the way we do things here.  Maybe groin liking is something that works in Japan but not here. "

Kevin had this to say.

"He likes my...groin?  He adds mustard to potatoes...he eats fried bananas and he talks about me.  Hey, you guys aren't just writing about this stuff to fire up an argument are you for media attention are you?"

I'm Joe Derive and we have no comment on that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.