Monday, April 9, 2012

Lugo's show is back!!!!

From WBZZ in Boston, it's 3:00 am in the morning and that's the wakeup call for Julio Lugo

Hey everyone!  Everyone said my show would never go on the air but we beat out -- barely -- but we did beat the show - 'Mentally Ill Psychics Talk to Three Eyed Green Martians on ShortWave' so we're back!  Join us now and call in to Julio Lugo, the man who was there when the Red Sox won the world series in 1918...err...2007...wow is it that long ago?

Oh, we have our first call.  Oh my, its John Henry.  Who would have thought.  It's not like I called him.  Ha,ha,ha...

"Lugo, I see the light.  We need you to power this team to a World Series.  Please come back.  I'll make you team co-owner...please..."

(noise in background.)

"Lugo!!! This is Mrs. Henry.  You know John is having trouble sleeping since the Sox lost 50 games in a row or whatever it is.  Stop calling him at...3:00 am in the morning...its 3:00 am in the morning. NOW HE DOESN'T WANT YOU BACK OK. He's got enough garbage on the team and nobody needs to tell him.  We're even running the Red Sox 2004 and 2007 games on NESN instead of the regular game in Toronto to keep his mind off the situation.  Now GO TO #%$#$'

OK, anyway, that was John Henry and the ever so sweet Mrs. Henry. Oh...another call.

"Lugo...Arnie here."

Hey Arnie.

"You're not opening up a restaurant are you?"

Ah...no.

"Good...I can sleep now."

OK, that was odd.  Just because I blew up Arnie's old restaurant...I mean I paid for it out of a loan from John Henry.  Anyway, let's take another call from someone called M. M."

"Hey Julio.  I just wanted to ask you.  "

Go ahead

"If you were...say put in a pressure position as a closer on the Red Sox and you blew say...three runs and can't get an out...would it bother you?"

Ah...not really.  Get a paycheck either way.  Next.

"Lugo...A.A. here.  Let me ask you, if you were a good starter, much better than someone named Daniel...let's call him Bard and yet they dumped you in the bullpen and you can't get an out..ah...does it bring back memories for you?'

HEY...I was never a pitcher...but as a shortstop unable to throw to first base, grab a ground ball, hit, field, ah..run...ya I can understand...but I was paid.  Never sign with the Red Sox unless you intend to be on the D.L. or get a fat paycheck to play bad.

"DARN...I knew I was missing something.  Get the paycheck first!"

OK...we'll be back with the Lugo show after these messages...ah...didn't we get an ad?  Not even public services wanted to broadcast?  This is humiliating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.