Monday, October 8, 2012

New Manager ????

John Henry sat against his desk watching the breathing sounds of Ben Cherington and Larry.

"OK, "said John.  "Who is our new manager."

Ben got up, stood forward and said, 'would you believe John Farrell?"

John Henry rubbed his temple.

"Oh why do I do this job!"

"Because you love it chief, "snapped Ben Cherington.  "And, "said Ben, "you love John Farrell."

John tapped his pencil.

"Let's look at the facts you two.  First, John Farrell ruined Lester with cutters making him a control pitcher.  Second, he added cutters to Josh Beckett and Josh was ruined.  Third, the Jays are a disaster...WHY?"

Ben got up and adjusted his tie. "Because he fits our organizational profile!"

"You mean total fiasco or utter disaster, "snapped John.

"I still say we needed to give Bobby Valentine more time.  He's great and I am not apologizing for that!"

John Henry rolled his eyes.

"OK, so...we want a fiasco of a manager.  I got that.  How about Daffy Duck as the new pitching coach?"

"He's not available, "snapped Ben. "But I did ask just in case. "

"That's it both of you. You're FIRED!"

"Now just a minute chief, let's look at the past and see the things I did..."

John grits his teeth.

"OK, well let's look at the present and see the things I did..."

John growls.

"OK well if you take the past and combine it with the present their is only ONE conclusion!"

John smiles.

"Just one question chief!"

John said, "what!"

"Do I get a severance package?"

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.