Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reunion Part II

Last time we saw certain figures from the 2007 World Series get together.

"So what are we having?" asked Tito.
"Tito, 'said David. "You always think of your stomach."
"David, "said Tito shaking his head. "I've had a four hour flight. They practically strip searched me at the airport and my food so far has been antacid! Then I drive an hour to a town in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a heavy snow storm."
A still silence hit the room.
"Wow Tito, instead of flying to S. Dakota, you could be enjoying one of my fashion suites in Michigan. It's got snow, cold, and a luxury outdoor hot tub. Actually, the hot tub is because a tree fell on the house."
Everyone laughed.
"You know Doug, I miss you on this team!"
"Me too Tito. I still haven't been able to sell the house despite the great new features!"
Julio Lugo said, "Doug, you are the finest man. "
Doug shrugged it off. Everyone knew despite the humor he really missed baseball. Doug knew it too.
"Are you ready to order?"
Everyone looked up as David said, "ah...we need few more minutes OK."
The female smiled and then walked away.
"If we were in Boston we'd be mobbed, "snapped Tito.
"Hey that's why I picked this place."
"How about Hawaii David?"
Tito looked away taking off his coat.
"Tito, what's eating you, "said Dustin.
Tito looked at Dustin with a straight face and said, "I am never one to complain about upper management."
A sad set of shoulders ran down the room.
"Sorry I'm late everyone but the driving is really getting bad out there."
It was Jason Varitek. David wasn't sure he'd want to come. Everyone smiled.
"Doug Mirabelli and Julio and Mikey...damn good to see you guys!"
Smiles filled the room.
"Hey what about me?"
A large boisterous smile filled the air.
"Mike Lowell, "said Doug. "Have I talked to you about a hot tub?"
Mike seemed confused. Dustin said, "its a joke that Doug is running out of mileage on!"
Mike sat down.
"Tito."
It was friendly.
"Mike, I'm so sorry about Theo. Not fair."
"It's business Tito. I don't take it personally even though if a tree fell on Theo's head it would all do us some good."
The pause filtered through the room. David looked out at the snow falling from the window.
"I'm sorry guys. I just didn't want to play for the Texas Rangers that's all."
The snow kept increasing in strength. Winds blew against the glass.
"You know what everyone. Who ever said management gets anything right. Now let's just enjoy the food and then later on we can all see Doug's property with all that firewood."
"What firewood?" asked Doug.
"Well, after we burn it down that is!"
A laugh filled the room. Everyone now realized why Jason Varitek was captain.
"Hey Tito, it's really snowing out there."
"You're not kidding, "said Mike.
"Excuse me folks, but we have a problem. We're having a blizzard and the good news is that you folks are out guests."
Everyone looked up at the waiter but it wasn't her. It was the manager.
"And the bad, "said Tito.
"The weather is gonna make travel impossible for the next two days. I'm afraid you're stuck here."
.
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.