Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beckett's golf game

Clay Bucholtz this Thursday played golf with Josh Beckett
It's good to know these two guys are taking the game seriously.  Clay right now can't figure out what is wrong so nothing like 18 holes to help solve his changeup problem.  I'm sure some time in Pawtucket might be Clay's next step in his recovery -- if he can take time away from golf.

Beckett, on the other hand, did it on the day he was supposed to pitch.  Guess that injury healed up quite nicely.  Now he can combine fried chicken, beer and golf.

"Again, I don't know the specifics of the situation," Valentine said. "I don't know if he was out at a charity match, just putting, or if he was whaling away and felt that might have loosened things up. I have no idea what the situation actually is, so it's hard for me to comment on it. ... If that was the case [that he played golf, drove the ball], I would say that was less than the best thing to do on that day off." 

(Bobby Valentine trying to explain another shameful moment)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.