Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sox hope for a win...someday.

Several players are commenting now about the recent loss where the Sox now hold the distinction of one of the worst records in baseball but not the worst -- yet anyway. (Thank goodness for the Twins).

Cody Ross:
I thought I joined this organization because of my inate talent.  Instead I realize I really have inept talent...but I do have a winning smile and good looks.  Can Josh Whedon call me any time soon?

Marlon Byrd:
 I thought I joined this organization because of my inate talent.  Instead, I realize that I really have inept talent...but I do have a winning smile and good looks.  Can George Lucas call me?

Josh Beckett
I have tightness in my left hamstring. I think 18 rounds of golf with fried chicken and beer will cure it...of course a set of nice headphones goes a long way towards my $#$@# happiness.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia
I really hate being called the great experiment.  As far as I'm concerned I'm a talented catcher that just can't catch a sinker...or just about any other pitch, throw out runners or hit.  Take those points away and I'm a Hall of Famer!

Clay Buckhotz
I just can't figure it out.  I really can't.  I tried and I tried.  OK, I'll try again.  You have two coins and both add up to 30 cents. One is not a nickel.  What are the two coins.  It just fried my brain.  Mmmm...fried chicken and beer...and 18 holes of golf.  Anyway, I tried two pennies and five dimes but five dimes don't add up to 30 cents...I think.

Daniel Bard
I see myself as a starter.  A starter like myself starts games.  As a starter I'm going to have tough games.  As a starter, which I see myself as...did I say I'm a starter because I am...a starter...not to drive the point home of course.  Anyway, I can help the team out as a starter because that's who I am.  I'm a starter.  If you didn't get that point, I'm a starter and I'm gonna keep saying that until people realize I don't belong as a bullpen guy and if it takes me the rest of my career to do it, I will.  I'll do it from retirement and from beyond the grave. Whatever it takes, I ain't going back to the bullpen because starters don't go to the bullpen and Scott Boras doesn't pick bullpen guys -- not that money has anything to do with it.

Adrian Gonsalez
No big deal for win or lose...I still get paid.

Jacobe Ellsbury
All I can say is two words -- free agency.  I can also say Philly Steak sandwich with an emphasis on 'Philly'...as in Philadelphia.  Just saying.

Dice-K
I've enjoyed my time on the Red Sox.  I've traveled, exercised, relaxed, done beaches and so forth and still get paid.  I love the Red Sox. 

Bobby Valentine
This stupid organization has aged me at least 10 years.  What was I thinking!  Here I was in the broadcast booth sitting around and commenting but now I have to actually manage these bunch of has-beens and whiners.  Glad I don't whine and I'm not a has-been.

I'm Joe Derive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.