Monday, September 24, 2012

Julio Lugo and Adverbs


Arnie:
Hey Lugo ready for your grammar lesson?

Lugo:
Sure...I'm doing fine in grammar but I can't figure out adverbs and adjectives.

Arnie:
Easy...adjectives describe nouns.  Adverbs don't describe nouns.

Lugo:
What do adverbs describe?

Arnie:
Take a guess...ad-VERB

Lugo:
Oh ya, they describe nouns to!

Arnie:
NO...ad_VERB

Lugo:
Ya...nouns got it...so what's the difference between an adjective and an ad-VERB.

Arnie:
No...don't SHOUT VERB in adverb, I was giving you a hint.  Adverbs describe...you know...VERBS!

Lugo:
Then why did you tell me they describe nouns.  Arnie you sure you're smart?

Arnie:
Apparently not as I'm teaching you!

Lugo:
That's not nice.  Anyway what are ad-VERB?

Arnie:
Adverbs describe verbs, adjectives and other adverbs.  Easy right?

Lugo:
Ah...boy you make Lugo's head spin.  What's an adjective again.

Arnie:
Adjectives describe NOUNS.  Adverbs...don't describe nouns.  They describe VERBS...got it...ad-VERB!

Lugo:
Whew grammar is complicated.  OK...so give Lugo an example.

Arnie:
OK...Arnie ran fast.   Now ran is the verb...right?

Lugo:
Ah...so run is an adjective right!

Arnie:
I just told you its a verb!

Lugo:
What's a verb?

Arnie:
RAN...RAN Is a verb.  Don't you get it?

Lugo:
Get what?

Arnie:
Oh please help me.  Arnie ran fast.  RAN is the verb since its an action and fast is to what extent -- so fast is an ad-VERB describing how he ran.

Lugo:
Hu?  I don't see you run.

(Arnie hitting head against wall)

Arnie:
OK...Fred ran quickly.  Fred is...

Lugo:
an adjective.

Arnie:
NO:

Lugo:
You don't have to get so upset.  Fred is an adverb!

Arnie:
NOOOO!

Lugo:
OK Fred is a preposal?

Arnie:
That's preposition and NO!

Lugo:
You make Lugo sick...oh ya Fred is a noun!

Arnie:
YES!

Lugo:
What was the sentence?

Arnie:
I forgot.  Let's try a new one.  Bob is running away.  What's running?

Lugo:
Ah...a noun.

Arnie:
NO...NO...NO.  A noun is the name of a person, place or thing!  How can you possibly think that running is a A#$#$ NOUN.

Lugo:
What's your language Arnie. I have sensitive ears.

Arnie:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....OK.  Running is a verb.

Lugo:
You mean an ad-VERB.

Arnie:
I GIVE UP. 

Lugo:
Give is a verb...

Arnie:
yes!

Lugo:
ah...up is a noun!

Arnie:
Good night Lugo!

Lugo:
Good is a verb?

Arnie:
Good night!

Lugo:
Good is a preposal,noun,ad...VERB, verb...

Arnie:
Good night Lugo!

Lugo:
Wait what about my lesson!

Arnie:
I need a stiff drink.  Good night Lugo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.