Monday, September 24, 2012

Lugo learns Grammar - Nouns

Arnie:
OK Julio, listen I'm really sorry for losing my temper.  I think we should start from the beginning and learn what nouns are.  That should solve everything.

Lugo:
You know, as a former great of the Boston Red Sox, I accept your apology.

Arnie:
ah...OK listen...a noun is the name of a person, place, thing, or idea.  Got it?

Lugo:
Ah...not really.

Arnie:
No problem.  Listen, look at this pencil.  Pencil is a noun in English since it's a thing. Pencil is a noun.

Lugo:
OK, should I write that down with my noun?

Arnie:
What?

Lugo (sighing).
Should I write the definition of a noun down with my noun?

Arnie:
It's a pencil not a noun! Man...

Lugo:
THEN WHY DID YOU HAVE ME CALL IT A NOUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnie:
Look a stove is a noun, a pencil is a noun, the floor is a noun.  It's a person,place or thing.  Got it?

Lugo:
How can anybody talk if everything is a NOUN!

Arnie:
You only IDENTIFY it as a noun in language.  Nobody calls it a noun.

Lugo:
I have NO idea what we are doing?

Arnie:
Neither do I.  Let's try again tomorrow.

Lugo:
Hey you mean let's try again noun.  In the meantime, I want a noun so could you pour some noun in my noun as noun thirsty.

Arnie:
Lugo...you're...insane.

Lugo:
Actually I'm a noun.

Arnie:
I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.