Thursday, September 27, 2012

NFL Referee's face audience

Hi, I'm Joe Derive, looking for extra money.  Today I'm gathered with a huge audience as they sit down and interview the replacement ref's for the NFL as the replacement ref's want to show their intimate knowledge of the game.  

Oh, here goes an audience member.

Fred:
Ya, Fred here.  I was wondering, do you guys actually know what you're doing?

Ref1:
I can speak for the rest of us.  All of us umpires have a clear and intimate knowledge of football...

Fred:
Hold up...did you say umpire?

Ref1:
Oh ya...sorry, I meant...ah...referee...right?   Anyway, we know all about playing football at the ballpark and all the rules of the game.

Joe Derive:
OK..well that gave me some great confidence...next:

Tom.
Ya, Tom here.  How many...yards is an average football stadium?

Ref2:
Ah...that depends on the ballpark.  Some can go...longer than others.

Tom:
Are you serious?  It's 100 yards!!!

Ref2:
Oh crap...so that's what those numbers on the field were all about.  I thought they were points earned!

Ref1:
Ya this is different than baseball.  Whew, glad I came to learn!

Tom:
Oh #$#$#, you guys have NO idea how the game works do you?  You are baseball umpires aren't you?

Ref3:
I resent that!  I am a qualified ref.  I mean I'm just tired of the managers screaming at me.

Joe Derive:
They're coaches you...oh wait...let's get to the next person.

Bill:
Ya Bill.  I was just wondering if you guys were watching maybe a baseball game while the football game was going on? 

Ref4:
No, we don't do that at all.  We're all Red Sox fans so it's just painful.  We pay attention to all the downs and ups and the throws and kicks and...oh forget it,we have NO idea what we're doing!

Joe Derive:
I'm Joe Derive and I have to leave before the fans kill those Refs!  Refs RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil.